As I am making a commitment to writing more I sit here wordless. Or maybe just distracted. I know I have things to say, because I always do, but for some reason I cannot access them. Error 404. While I may not have the right words, I know others do. You can “quote” me on that.
Who doesn’t love a good quote? Quotes are some of the best and simplest ways to find the right words when you can’t find any. They are also fun to memorize and use when you are in need of some encouragement or a little beauty. For years I have kept notebooks filled with quotes and song lyrics that resonate with me. They were inspirational, amusing, or acted as a guide through troubling times. Today I am going to share with you some of my favorite quotes. I hope you find some inspiration and beauty in these words as much as I do.
On Eating Disorder Recovery
- “To be beautiful is to be yourself. you don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”-Thich Nhat Hanh
- “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.”-Sophia Bush
- “Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to lose.”-???
- “It’s not your fault that you developed an eating disorder, or depression, or an addiction, or whatever else is trying to steal your life away. But it is your responsibility to save yourself. And you can.”-Josie Tuttle
- “You can’ t change until you accept where you are and who you are. You find out who you are by being honest with yourself and others…Life is never static and neither are we.”-EDA Workbook, Step 1
- ” Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of u; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people to permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”-Marianne Williamson
- “If you add a little to a little, and then do it again, so that little shall be much”.-Hesoid
- “Being impeccable with your word is the correct use of your energy; it means to use your energy in the direction of truth and love for yourself. If you make an agreement with yourself to be impeccable with your word, just with that intention, the truth will manifest through you and clean all the emotional posion that exists within you.” The Four Agreements, Don Miguel Ruiz
- “All of humanity is searching for truth, justice, and beauty. We are on an eternal search for the truth because we only believe in the lies we have stored in our mind. We are searching for justice because in the belief system we have, there is no justice. We search for beauty because it doesn’t matter how beautiful a person is, we don’t believe that person has beauty. We keep searching and searching, when everything is already within us.”-Don Miguel Ruiz
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”-Confucius
- “I’ll tell you what freedom is to me. No fear.”-Nina Simone
- “I was halfway across America, at the dividing line between the East of my youth and the West of my future.” Jack Kerouac, On the Road
- “Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is so on the road.” -Jack Kerouac, On the Road
- “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”-Hans Christian Anderson
- “It doesn’t not matter how slowly you go; as long as you don’t stop.”-Confucius
- “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.”-Douglas Adams
- “If I’m losing balance in a pose, I stretch higher and God reaches down to steady me. It works every time, and no just in yoga.”-T. Guillemets
- “Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it. Yoga is universal…But don’t approach yoga with a business mind looking for a worldly gain.”-K. Pattabhi Jois
- “Do not stop trying just because perfection eludes you.”-BKS Iyengar
- “Go from a human being doing yoga to a human being yoga.”-Baron Baptiste
- “Yoga does not change the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees.”-BKS Iyengar
- “The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.”- Yogi Bhajan
- “Yoga is almost like music in a way; there’s no end to it.”-Sting
- “Yoga is a powerful vehicle for change. As you build strength you start to believe in your own potential.”-Tiffany Cruikshank
- “Anyone can breathe. Therefore anyone can practice yoga.”-TKV Desikachar
What are some of your favorites quotes? Share below!